Thursday, September 2, 2010

Arrival.

Okay, I just wrote out a post... and then the internet thing logged me out and I lost it all. Nope thats not annoying at all. Love it.

Alright I will try and remember what I wrote lets see here..

I arrived in India! Right when I stepped off the plane, I stopped, smelled the air, and couldn't help the tears from falling. It was just like yes, this is soooo India. I guess I didn't realize how much I love it here, just really love it. Right when we got into the terminal we were greeted by a huge painting that included something along the lines of- Do good but seek not the fruits of your labor. That is exactly what I was reading about in the bible on the plane. Do God's work, but remember, it is God's work, not the work of your own hands. We do not boast about our deeds or take pride in our work, we praise Jesus and give thanks to our Father because He is good and everything is and was and will be, because of Him. We have a good Daddy, a really really good one. Thank you bible and random painting in Chennai airport for the good words.
I love the smells here. Love.
The traffic is absolutely insane through the city. And there are so many cows. Pictures coming soon...
The place we are staying the first two weeks is amazing. Pictures also coming soon.
Top two songs of the day- My Jesus I Love Thee and This Is My Father's World.
Time for dinner... at 7... they eat rather late.. just a tad hungry.
Thank you all for your prayers, I am blessed to be so loved and supported by you.
I will leave you with the lyrics to one of the songs of the day.
Thank you. I will put pictures up soon with stories :)

 
My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine; 
for thee all the follies of sin I resign. 
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art thou; 
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.  
 
I love thee because thou hast first loved me, 
and purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree; 
I love thee for wearing the thorns on thy brow; 
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.  
 
In mansions of glory and endless delight; 
I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright; 
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow; 
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.  

1 comment:

  1. Great post, honey! I agree, we have a wonderful Father God! I love you.

    ReplyDelete