Saturday, September 4, 2010

Climbing, Singing, and Photos.

This morning, the group all met outside our dorm house at 5 am (that sounds a lot more intense than it actually was, since India is 12.5 hrs ahead it feels like its 4:30 pm to us and I'm usually awake by 3 am here anyways so we were all wide awake and ready to go haha) to hike/scramble up a little cliff to see the sunrise over the city. It. Was. Incredible. So we hiked up up up, and then there was a little scramble that you could do to get to the very top... but there was a little crevasse that you had to get across to get to the scramble. One of the guys on the trip just kind of jogged a bit and jumped across and I was like o my gosh I am way too freaked out to jump across! ... so naturally I had to do it. So.. I strapped my backpack on tighter, got a little running  start, with shaking knees and my heart basically beating out of my chest, and jumped! Apparently I jumped a little more than I needed to and I came skidding across the other side, but I made it. And I have two bloody knees to prove it haha. So anyway I felt basically invincible after that. One of the girls videoed it I think, yesss.

So amazing. A picture really can't capture it at all.
Okay, theres the jump... now that I am looking at the picture you actually can't tell at all haha, but between the two rocks there was a gap and it was much bigger than this pictures shows, i promise, haha.
After I jumped!
Love it here.
feet.
Standing out on a rock enjoying the view.
:)

Then we were climbing back down and there was this Indian man chillin on a rock, definitely waiting for us. And he asked one of the girls to take a picture of him, and she was like uhhh sure. Then he asked if he could see the picture and she showed it to him and he reached out and tried to grab the camera from her hand, but she had it around her wrist and pulled it back. Then he just kind of stood there and we were all like uhhh awkward... then our professor told us to keep going down and she freakin ran after this dude, like jumping up the rocks, she is a beast. It was awesome. Love her.

We got back to campus and I was walking past the front desk to the stairs to go up to my room... and I turned the corner and one of the workers, he's probably our age, Indian, was playing I Surrender All and standing there singing along with it. It was like instant tears, sobbing actually. I walked up the stairs and stood at the landing so no one could see and listened to him sing, "All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give... All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all." There really isn't much to say except that Jesus is just captivating. Its very moving seeing how He has captured the hearts of so many people. I thought I knew what it meant to give your whole self to Him, I really have no idea what that means. Worship has taken on a whole new meaning. To be completely consumed by His presence and give thanks to Him, I mean really be filled with thanksgiving. To let Him fill every part of your being and surrendering everything. Its beautiful, actually, I think that is when humans are most beautiful, when they are completely surrendered and captivated by His presence. Hmm.. my favorite song of all time fits perfectly right here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbNC3ua7gg&feature=related
Take my heart.
Take my heart.
Kindle it with Your heart.
And my heart, cannot be
Kindled without You.
You're heart will kindle my heart.

Thank you Jesus, for being with all of our hearts. Whether we are unable to find clean water or a dry place to sleep, or our family is falling apart, we are losing our job, whatever is...  You remain. And we remain in You. Thank you for saving us and loving us. All of us and every part of us.

... all to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...this is amazing. Thank you for blogging... I am praying for you everyday. I'm so excited for you and am so moved by all you are learning...I am learning as well. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a champ!! I'm cracking up/crying at this entry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing what you do! It's freeing, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh Lyss. I have chills reading this and I am crying like a baby. Love u soooo much and I amazed at the insight God is giving you. What a gift....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allyssa, thanks so much for sharing. You are touching my heart. Love you and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete