Friday, September 10, 2010

Rainfall.

For the whole morning, I held a 9 year boy in my lap, he laid his head on my chest and held my hand... he had cancer and a tumor the size of a tennis ball on the back of his head, with a backwards nike cap on his head to cover it. He was so sweet, he held my hand and walked back and forth in the ward, and then when he was tired he wanted to lay in my lap and we watched Tom and Jerry together. He was beautiful. I felt as if I was touching an angel, as silly as that may sound, its so true. There really aren't words you can say about a little boy like that, so I won't try. He is a gift.
Then I went into another child's room, and he suffered from an electrical burn.. he lost his left arm and his toes on his right foot. He is 15. I don't really know where to put that in my brain, so I just let it be. It is what it is. People suffer. "... and the Lord will wipe away every tear.."

Tonight, it randomly started POURING rain, like I have never felt it rain so hard in my entire life... so naturally we dropped everything and ran outside. Annnd I am now completely soaked. haha. Live.

Tomorrow we leave for the jungle. We are going on a safari and then going white water rafting. Im excited. Then after that, we are going to Chennai to stay at the Hindu hospital for the second half of the trip, Sri Ramachandra University. There is very limited internet access there so I don't know if I will be able to do much blogging from here on out. Thank you so much for supporting me and praying for me.

I dont want to leave this place. There is so much to learn, so much to experience. There is a strange comfort about this place... I know I will be back. That is the only thing that makes it okay pack up and go... I know I will be back. In the words of Alanis Morsete (err spelling?), Thank you, India.



...and to You be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. So thankful to be able to read your posts...will be praying as you enter into the second half of this journey....be safe and I am so happy you are living every moment of it to the fullest. You are loving and caring about those who need to know someone cares. Love you Sweet Girl...so proud of you....Grams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, you are such a blessing, not only to the people whose lives you touch in India, but to those of us fortunate enough to read your blogs. You will be in my prayers. God loves you so very much, and He has His arms around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great posting. I could feel your empathy and joi de vivre. I visualized standing in the rain, hands help up high and eyes closed (a la Shawshank). Enjoy the rest of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lyss...I like what Eric said..I couldn't agree more..actually I like what Mary and Gma said too. :) There is just so much to take in....Love you and soak up all the experiences of the second part of this journey. <3

    ReplyDelete